Security enhanced in Delhi following inputs of possible terror strike
New Delhi: Security was bolstered in the national capital on Monday on Diwali-eve in the wake of recent inputs to security agencies from Saudi Arabia about the possibility of a terror strike during this year`s festive season.
A senior Delhi Police official said adequate steps have been taken to ensure that no untoward incident takes place.
Armed perrsonnel have fanned across the city and barricades were erected to check vehicles, he said.
Police personnel kept a tight vigil at metro stations and Pragati Maidan, where the annual trade fair is to begin from Wednesday, besides other vital installations.
A large number of police personnel were also deployed in markets where there was a last-minute rush for Diwali shopping.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH