Security enhanced in Delhi following inputs of possible terror strike
New Delhi: Security was bolstered in the national capital on Monday on Diwali-eve in the wake of recent inputs to security agencies from Saudi Arabia about the possibility of a terror strike during this year`s festive season.
A senior Delhi Police official said adequate steps have been taken to ensure that no untoward incident takes place.
Armed perrsonnel have fanned across the city and barricades were erected to check vehicles, he said.
Police personnel kept a tight vigil at metro stations and Pragati Maidan, where the annual trade fair is to begin from Wednesday, besides other vital installations.
A large number of police personnel were also deployed in markets where there was a last-minute rush for Diwali shopping.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Srinagar encounter: Two suspected cop killers gunned down as search-op against militants continues
- Van Gaal sacked by United, Mourinho poised to step in
- Iraq justice ministry announces execution of 22 convicts
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader