Security enhanced in Delhi following inputs of possible terror strike
New Delhi: Security was bolstered in the national capital on Monday on Diwali-eve in the wake of recent inputs to security agencies from Saudi Arabia about the possibility of a terror strike during this year`s festive season.
A senior Delhi Police official said adequate steps have been taken to ensure that no untoward incident takes place.
Armed perrsonnel have fanned across the city and barricades were erected to check vehicles, he said.
Police personnel kept a tight vigil at metro stations and Pragati Maidan, where the annual trade fair is to begin from Wednesday, besides other vital installations.
A large number of police personnel were also deployed in markets where there was a last-minute rush for Diwali shopping.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor