Security guard of Ashiana children home sacked: Delhi govt to HC
New Delhi: The city police on Wednesday told the Delhi High Court that the security guard of a government-run children home was removed from job after a seven-year-old HIV positive boy alleged that he was sexually abused by him and other older inmates.
Filing the status report, standing counsel Pawan Sharma told the bench of justices Sanjay Kishan Kaul and Indermeet Kaur that the Child Welfare Committee (CWC) has investigated into the allegations and children of the home have said the guard, Amandeep, used to beat them with stick regularly.
"In wake of the CWC report, the contractor has terminated the guard from service and he ran away to his native place in Ranchi. A notice has been served to Ranchi Police for his presence here for March 21 and thereafter we will probe the sexual abuse allegations against him," Sharma told the court and sought more time to file a detailed status report.
The bench had earlier asked the police to find the reason why the victim is also making allegations against other inmates and who is responsible for the abuse.
Taking cognisance of a media report that three boys at the government-run Ashiana Home for Boys in Alipur had sexually abused the seven-year-old and used to harass him daily, the court had sought a detailed report from police.
According to media reports, the boy`s mother had died of
AIDS and his stepfather, who is also HIV positive, is lodged in Tihar Jail for raping his daughter.
The bench had directed the government to conduct medical examination of the three boys, who allegedly abused the child, to determine whether they are HIV positive or not.
Earlier, the court was informed that all the three boys have been examined and none of them was found to be HIV positive.
The boys were shifted from Alipur home to Shubhikshika Open Shelter Home for boys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured