Security measures in place to thwart untoward incidents: PC
New Delhi: Amid reports of terrorists
planning to strike at ICC cricket world cup venues, government
today said it was taking every precaution and security
measures were in place to prevent any untoward incident.
"Every precaution is being taken. No one need (to)
have any worry on that score," Home Minister P Chidambaram
told reporters outside parliament House.
He said in Mohali where India will take on Pakistan on
March 30 as also at other venues, adequate measures have been
taken by the state governments concerned. He said central
forces were also available to the states.
According to news reports, Interpol has confirmed
fears of a possible terror attack on the ongoing cricket World
Cup matches following the arrest of a terrorist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says