Security stepped up at India Gate
New Delhi: Security was today stepped in and around India Gate, the war memorial which attracts thousands on Sundays, with police restricting entry into the area.
The move comes three days after twin blasts rocked Hyderabad killing 16 people and leaving 117 injured rpt injured.
Indian Mujahideen terrorists are suspected to be behind the blasts and those arrested in connection with Pune blasts have claimed to have told police that they had recceed Hyderabad and other cities.
Police stepped security in the national capital, especially at India Gate as it is one of the most crowded locations in the city during weekends.
A senior Delhi Police official said its personnel have been alerted and they were keeping a tight vigil on the city.
"There is nothing to panic. We have taken all precautions," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you