Security stepped up at India Gate
New Delhi: Security was today stepped in and around India Gate, the war memorial which attracts thousands on Sundays, with police restricting entry into the area.
The move comes three days after twin blasts rocked Hyderabad killing 16 people and leaving 117 injured rpt injured.
Indian Mujahideen terrorists are suspected to be behind the blasts and those arrested in connection with Pune blasts have claimed to have told police that they had recceed Hyderabad and other cities.
Police stepped security in the national capital, especially at India Gate as it is one of the most crowded locations in the city during weekends.
A senior Delhi Police official said its personnel have been alerted and they were keeping a tight vigil on the city.
"There is nothing to panic. We have taken all precautions," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe