Security stepped up at India Gate
New Delhi: Security was today stepped in and around India Gate, the war memorial which attracts thousands on Sundays, with police restricting entry into the area.
The move comes three days after twin blasts rocked Hyderabad killing 16 people and leaving 117 injured rpt injured.
Indian Mujahideen terrorists are suspected to be behind the blasts and those arrested in connection with Pune blasts have claimed to have told police that they had recceed Hyderabad and other cities.
Police stepped security in the national capital, especially at India Gate as it is one of the most crowded locations in the city during weekends.
A senior Delhi Police official said its personnel have been alerted and they were keeping a tight vigil on the city.
"There is nothing to panic. We have taken all precautions," the official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference