Security stepped up at India Gate
New Delhi: Security was today stepped in and around India Gate, the war memorial which attracts thousands on Sundays, with police restricting entry into the area.
The move comes three days after twin blasts rocked Hyderabad killing 16 people and leaving 117 injured rpt injured.
Indian Mujahideen terrorists are suspected to be behind the blasts and those arrested in connection with Pune blasts have claimed to have told police that they had recceed Hyderabad and other cities.
Police stepped security in the national capital, especially at India Gate as it is one of the most crowded locations in the city during weekends.
A senior Delhi Police official said its personnel have been alerted and they were keeping a tight vigil on the city.
"There is nothing to panic. We have taken all precautions," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Airtel proposes Rs 30 crore annual package to Sunil Mittal
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope