Security stepped up at India Gate
New Delhi: Security was today stepped in and around India Gate, the war memorial which attracts thousands on Sundays, with police restricting entry into the area.
The move comes three days after twin blasts rocked Hyderabad killing 16 people and leaving 117 injured rpt injured.
Indian Mujahideen terrorists are suspected to be behind the blasts and those arrested in connection with Pune blasts have claimed to have told police that they had recceed Hyderabad and other cities.
Police stepped security in the national capital, especially at India Gate as it is one of the most crowded locations in the city during weekends.
A senior Delhi Police official said its personnel have been alerted and they were keeping a tight vigil on the city.
"There is nothing to panic. We have taken all precautions," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore