Security tightened in Delhi Metro after bomb threat
New Delhi: Security has been tigthened in the Delhi Metro after an anonymous person on Sunday called up Noida police threatening to blow up the Uttam Nagar Metro station.
The CISF, guarding the network, has alerted all its units at various Metro stations in Delhi and NCR regions, sources said.
The call was made to Noida Senior Superintendent of Police Ashok Kumar Singh at 1408 hours and agencies are trying to trace the caller.
Meanwhile, dog squads and anti-sabotage teams have been pressed into service at the Uttam Nagar Metro station and other vital stations and a thorough check is being done at all the stations, sources said.
Efforts to contact the SSP did not fructify.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'