Security tightened in Delhi Metro after bomb threat
New Delhi: Security has been tigthened in the Delhi Metro after an anonymous person on Sunday called up Noida police threatening to blow up the Uttam Nagar Metro station.
The CISF, guarding the network, has alerted all its units at various Metro stations in Delhi and NCR regions, sources said.
The call was made to Noida Senior Superintendent of Police Ashok Kumar Singh at 1408 hours and agencies are trying to trace the caller.
Meanwhile, dog squads and anti-sabotage teams have been pressed into service at the Uttam Nagar Metro station and other vital stations and a thorough check is being done at all the stations, sources said.
Efforts to contact the SSP did not fructify.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog