Security tightened in Delhi Metro after bomb threat
New Delhi: Security has been tigthened in the Delhi Metro after an anonymous person on Sunday called up Noida police threatening to blow up the Uttam Nagar Metro station.
The CISF, guarding the network, has alerted all its units at various Metro stations in Delhi and NCR regions, sources said.
The call was made to Noida Senior Superintendent of Police Ashok Kumar Singh at 1408 hours and agencies are trying to trace the caller.
Meanwhile, dog squads and anti-sabotage teams have been pressed into service at the Uttam Nagar Metro station and other vital stations and a thorough check is being done at all the stations, sources said.
Efforts to contact the SSP did not fructify.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS