See if nurseries can have more seats for inter-state category, says SC
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Monday asked the Delhi government`s education department to explore the possibility if five to six seats each could be increased in the nurseries of private schools to accommodate entrants under the inter-state category.
A bench of Justice HL Dattu, Justice MY Eqbal and Justice SA Bobde asked the education department to get back after speaking to private schools as it directed the listing of the matter Tuesday for further hearing.
Senior counsel Raju Ramachandran, appearing for the education department, told the court that the admissions in nursery sections have to take place in private schools only and urged it to pass an order directing creation of additional five to six seats in each school to accommodate toddlers under the inter-state category.
Asking the department to explore the possibility of creating more seats in the schools with nursery sections, the court took strong exception for changing of the entire criteria spelt out in the first notification issued in December 2013.
"You can`t change the rules of the game midway. We had upheld the first notification of December 2013 to protect your policy and the interest of children. Now can you do it in between," the court asked admonishing the department.
The Supreme Court had April 11 put on hold the April 3 Delhi High Court nod to the schools to go ahead with the admission process except inter-state transfer admission cases.
The high court, while permitting the admission under all the categories, had said the nursery admissions under inter-State category would wait as it would hear their matter.
The entire admission process under the inter-state category came undera cloud as it was suspected that the fake admissions were being pushed through it.
This was the outcome of a survey which pointed to fake attempts under the inter-state category while kids under the neighbourhood category were losing to the inter-state category as the latter had more points.
However, now it has surfaced that 7,238 applications under inter-state category were genuine and 2,209 were not.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly