Senior army officer found dead in his house
New Delhi: A serving Major General was found dead under mysterious circumstances in his Dwarka home in South-West Delhi on Friday, police said.
According to the police, Rajpal Singh, Additional Director-General of the National Cadet Corps (NCC) in Bihar and Jharkhand, was found dead in his residence this evening.
A police team, along with senior officials, visited the spot to ascertain the cause of death.
Singh was posted in Patna and had apparently come to Delhi on leave, said a senior police officer.
The army will hold a Court of Inquest to find out the reasons for his death and after that, if required, a Court of Inquiry will also be held.
After the Court of Inquest is held, the army can proceed with providing finacial benefits to the family of the officer, army official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah