Senior lawyer`s son killed by robbers in Delhi
New Delhi: Robbers smothered to death the 35-year-old son of a retired senior lawyer, while his parents were gagged and bound in another room of their house in east Delhi`s Preet Vihar area, police said on Thursday.
The robbers entered the house around 2:30 am on Thursday by cutting the grill of one of the windows. While retired lawyer and former director of prosecution SK Dutta and his wife were tied and gagged, their unmarried son Animesh was killed by robbers.
Animesh is suspected to have been killed for putting up resistance. As there were no injury marks on the body, police believe that he was smothered to death.
Police said that valuables and cash were missing from the house. The CCTV footage of the area where the house is located is being examined.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra