Set up SIT to probe riot case against Sajjan Kumar
New Delhi: CPI(M) Monday demanded setting up of Special Investigation Team to investigate one of the anti-Sikh riot cases against Congress leader Sajjan Kumar and appeal against his acquittal in another case.
"The Central Committee noted that there has been a miscarriage of justice in the acquittal of Congress leader Sajjan Kumar in a murder case during anti-Sikh violence in Delhi in 1984. Of the six accused in the case, five have been convicted by the court and Sajjan Kumar has been acquitted," a CPI(M) statement said after the meeting of its Central Committee.
The Central Committee demanded that there should be an appeal against the acquittal.
"Further, a Special Investigation Team should be constituted to investigate and prosecute Sajjan Kumar in another anti-Sikh riot case," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today