Set up SIT to probe riot case against Sajjan Kumar
New Delhi: CPI(M) Monday demanded setting up of Special Investigation Team to investigate one of the anti-Sikh riot cases against Congress leader Sajjan Kumar and appeal against his acquittal in another case.
"The Central Committee noted that there has been a miscarriage of justice in the acquittal of Congress leader Sajjan Kumar in a murder case during anti-Sikh violence in Delhi in 1984. Of the six accused in the case, five have been convicted by the court and Sajjan Kumar has been acquitted," a CPI(M) statement said after the meeting of its Central Committee.
The Central Committee demanded that there should be an appeal against the acquittal.
"Further, a Special Investigation Team should be constituted to investigate and prosecute Sajjan Kumar in another anti-Sikh riot case," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands