Set up SIT to probe riot case against Sajjan Kumar
New Delhi: CPI(M) Monday demanded setting up of Special Investigation Team to investigate one of the anti-Sikh riot cases against Congress leader Sajjan Kumar and appeal against his acquittal in another case.
"The Central Committee noted that there has been a miscarriage of justice in the acquittal of Congress leader Sajjan Kumar in a murder case during anti-Sikh violence in Delhi in 1984. Of the six accused in the case, five have been convicted by the court and Sajjan Kumar has been acquitted," a CPI(M) statement said after the meeting of its Central Committee.
The Central Committee demanded that there should be an appeal against the acquittal.
"Further, a Special Investigation Team should be constituted to investigate and prosecute Sajjan Kumar in another anti-Sikh riot case," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you