Set up SIT to probe riot case against Sajjan Kumar
New Delhi: CPI(M) Monday demanded setting up of Special Investigation Team to investigate one of the anti-Sikh riot cases against Congress leader Sajjan Kumar and appeal against his acquittal in another case.
"The Central Committee noted that there has been a miscarriage of justice in the acquittal of Congress leader Sajjan Kumar in a murder case during anti-Sikh violence in Delhi in 1984. Of the six accused in the case, five have been convicted by the court and Sajjan Kumar has been acquitted," a CPI(M) statement said after the meeting of its Central Committee.
The Central Committee demanded that there should be an appeal against the acquittal.
"Further, a Special Investigation Team should be constituted to investigate and prosecute Sajjan Kumar in another anti-Sikh riot case," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday