Seven DPS students injured in accident
New Delhi: Seven students of Delhi Public School on Mathura Road were injured Saturday when a speeding truck jumped traffic signal and rammed into a school van in north Delhi, police said.
Eyewitnesses said the accident took place around 8.00 am at Majnu ka Tila, near the Inter-State Bus Terminus at Kashmere Gate. The students were aged 10 to 12 years, said Deputy Commissioner Police Sagar Preet Hooda.
"My niece was in the van. The truck hit the van from behind," Rajiv Jain told reporters near the accident site.
Sivani Monga, the mother of an injured student, said: "Since it is a Saturday, the school van was almost empty. If the van had been full, more children would have been injured."
Hospital authorities said that five of the seven children had minor wounds and were discharged after treatment. "Two children are undergoing tests. One has fractured his arm," a doctor said.
The driver of the truck fled after the accident, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi