Seven held in separate criminal cases
Greater Noida: Seven persons were arrested in separate criminal cases in several districts of western Uttar Pradesh, police said on Sunday.
A wanted criminal, Margub alias Guddu, who was carrying cash reward of Rs 5,000 on his head, was arrested in Muzaffarnagar`s canal bridge area last night, they said.
A country made pistol, two live cartridges and Rs 15,000 cash was recovered from him.
In a separate incident, two auto-lifters Naushad and Chhotu were arrested and one Santro car and six motorbikes were recovered from their possession yesterday.
Meanwhile, the Ghaziabad Police has arrested two liquor smugglers and seized 34 bottles of illicit liquor from them.
The arrested were identified as Shiv Chanan and Harish, they said.
Two drug peddlers, Anil Kumar and Ranjit were arrested in Indirapuram area and one kg contraband was recovered from them.
In another incident, Gautam Buddha Nagar police arrested a liquor smuggler Bhalu Bahadur and seized 20 bottles of smuggled liquor from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional