Seven held in separate criminal cases
Greater Noida: Seven persons were arrested in separate criminal cases in several districts of western Uttar Pradesh, police said on Sunday.
A wanted criminal, Margub alias Guddu, who was carrying cash reward of Rs 5,000 on his head, was arrested in Muzaffarnagar`s canal bridge area last night, they said.
A country made pistol, two live cartridges and Rs 15,000 cash was recovered from him.
In a separate incident, two auto-lifters Naushad and Chhotu were arrested and one Santro car and six motorbikes were recovered from their possession yesterday.
Meanwhile, the Ghaziabad Police has arrested two liquor smugglers and seized 34 bottles of illicit liquor from them.
The arrested were identified as Shiv Chanan and Harish, they said.
Two drug peddlers, Anil Kumar and Ranjit were arrested in Indirapuram area and one kg contraband was recovered from them.
In another incident, Gautam Buddha Nagar police arrested a liquor smuggler Bhalu Bahadur and seized 20 bottles of smuggled liquor from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'