Seven Metro stations near India Gate to remain closed
New Delhi: Seven Metro stations in Central Delhi will remain closed tomorrow as well, the Delhi Metro announced on Sunday night after protests continued near India Gate for the second day today over the gang-rape incident.
Pragati Maidan, Mandi House, Patel Chowk, Central Secretariat, Udyog Bhawan, Khan Market and Race Course will remain closed tomorrow as well.
However, Barakhamba Road which was closed today will remain open.
The closing of stations came following a direction from Delhi Police.
"The stations will remain closed till DMRC gets further orders from the
Delhi Police. However, interchange will be allowed at Central Secretariat station," DMRC officials said.
The decision was taken after protests over the gang-rape of a young girl erupted in Raisina Hill, the seat of power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH