Seven Metro stations near India Gate to remain closed
New Delhi: Seven Metro stations in Central Delhi will remain closed tomorrow as well, the Delhi Metro announced on Sunday night after protests continued near India Gate for the second day today over the gang-rape incident.
Pragati Maidan, Mandi House, Patel Chowk, Central Secretariat, Udyog Bhawan, Khan Market and Race Course will remain closed tomorrow as well.
However, Barakhamba Road which was closed today will remain open.
The closing of stations came following a direction from Delhi Police.
"The stations will remain closed till DMRC gets further orders from the
Delhi Police. However, interchange will be allowed at Central Secretariat station," DMRC officials said.
The decision was taken after protests over the gang-rape of a young girl erupted in Raisina Hill, the seat of power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal