Seven Metro stations near India Gate to remain closed
New Delhi: Seven Metro stations in Central Delhi will remain closed tomorrow as well, the Delhi Metro announced on Sunday night after protests continued near India Gate for the second day today over the gang-rape incident.
Pragati Maidan, Mandi House, Patel Chowk, Central Secretariat, Udyog Bhawan, Khan Market and Race Course will remain closed tomorrow as well.
However, Barakhamba Road which was closed today will remain open.
The closing of stations came following a direction from Delhi Police.
"The stations will remain closed till DMRC gets further orders from the
Delhi Police. However, interchange will be allowed at Central Secretariat station," DMRC officials said.
The decision was taken after protests over the gang-rape of a young girl erupted in Raisina Hill, the seat of power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet