Seven Metro stations near India Gate to remain closed
New Delhi: Seven Metro stations in Central Delhi will remain closed tomorrow as well, the Delhi Metro announced on Sunday night after protests continued near India Gate for the second day today over the gang-rape incident.
Pragati Maidan, Mandi House, Patel Chowk, Central Secretariat, Udyog Bhawan, Khan Market and Race Course will remain closed tomorrow as well.
However, Barakhamba Road which was closed today will remain open.
The closing of stations came following a direction from Delhi Police.
"The stations will remain closed till DMRC gets further orders from the
Delhi Police. However, interchange will be allowed at Central Secretariat station," DMRC officials said.
The decision was taken after protests over the gang-rape of a young girl erupted in Raisina Hill, the seat of power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog