Seven women arrested for theft in Delhi Metro
New Delhi: A gang of seven women thieves were arrested from a metro station here for allegedly stealing valuables, including jewellery, of passengers.
According to Delhi Police, Sharda, Parwati, Roshni, Rita, Renu, Nisha and Poonam, all residents of slums in Prem Nagar Kathputli Colony here, were arrested from Barakhamba Road Metro Station.
Police has recovered jewellery worth Rs 6.5 lakh from them, Sanjay Bhatia, DCP (Railways) said.
Police said Renu, Roshni and Parwati were also involved in another criminal case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued