Seven-year-old girl gang-raped by three minors in Delhi
New Delhi: A 7-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by her three minor neighbours in Paschim Vihar area of west Delhi, police said on Monday.
The incident took place on July 3 when the three boys, who also reside in the same locality, took the victim to a nearby park on the pretext of giving her a mango and allegedly raped her there.
Police have taken all the accused, aged between 10 and 15 years, into custody and produced them before the Juvenile Justice Board.
"The incident came to light yesterday when the victim`s private parts developed some problems. She narrated the incident on being asked by her mother. Later, the mother informed the police," a senior police officer said.
Based on the mother`s complaint, a case under appropriate sections of the IPC and POCSO Act has been registered at Paschim Vihar police station and further investigation is on, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured