Sex racket busted in Ghaziabad`s Bajaria area, 109 arrested
Ghaziabad: As many as 109 people, including 56 women, were arrested on Saturday after police busted a sex racket being operated from a hotel in Bajaria area here.
Taking serious note of the incident, SSP Ghaziabad Dharmendra Singh suspended two policemen posted at the Bajaria police outpost for negligence in discharge of duties.
On a tip-off, a raid was conducted at Hotel Gopal Plaza around 11:45 am and a total of 109 people belonging to different parts of the country were arrested, Singh said.
Fifty-three men, including receptionist Rajesh, and 56 women were arrested during the raid, the police official confirmed.
The hotel`s owner and manager managed to escape, he added.
Local residents had complained alleging the hotel management of operating a sex racket from the premises in Bajaria, Singh said.
Bajaria police chowki In-charge and a Constable were suspended for negligence of duty, according to police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'