Sex racket busted in Ghaziabad`s Bajaria area, 109 arrested
Ghaziabad: As many as 109 people, including 56 women, were arrested on Saturday after police busted a sex racket being operated from a hotel in Bajaria area here.
Taking serious note of the incident, SSP Ghaziabad Dharmendra Singh suspended two policemen posted at the Bajaria police outpost for negligence in discharge of duties.
On a tip-off, a raid was conducted at Hotel Gopal Plaza around 11:45 am and a total of 109 people belonging to different parts of the country were arrested, Singh said.
Fifty-three men, including receptionist Rajesh, and 56 women were arrested during the raid, the police official confirmed.
The hotel`s owner and manager managed to escape, he added.
Local residents had complained alleging the hotel management of operating a sex racket from the premises in Bajaria, Singh said.
Bajaria police chowki In-charge and a Constable were suspended for negligence of duty, according to police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?