Sex racket: Court to hear arguments on charges against Dwivedi
New Delhi: A Delhi court Monday fixed for
July 2 arguments on framing of charges against self-styled
godman Shiv Murat Dwivedi, who along with seven others,
including six alleged call girls, are accused in a flesh trade
Metropolitan Magistrate Ravindra Singh, who extended
the judicial custody of Dwivedi by 24 days, asked the
prosecutor to start advancing arguments on July 2, the next
date of hearing.
Except Dwivedi alias Ichchadhari Sant Swami Bhimanand
Ji Maharaj Chitrakootwale, all other accused are out on bail
in the case.
Police, which have also booked Dwivedi in another case
lodged under the stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised
Crimes Act (MCOCA), have recently filed a chargesheet in the
flesh trade case under the Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act.
Earlier, the court had provided the accused with the
copies of the chargesheet which alleged that Dwivedi with the
help of others had amassed wealth running into crores of
rupees through the sex racket.
However, police are yet to file the probe report in
the MCOCA case.
During custodial interrogation, police, at the instance
of the accused, recovered various documents relating to
properties, investments and bank details, the chargesheet
It was also claimed that Rs 1.55 lakh cash, some gold
ornaments and VCDs were recovered from the car of Dwivedi
during a raid on February 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'