Sex racket: Court to hear arguments on charges against Dwivedi
New Delhi: A Delhi court today fixed for
July 2 arguments on framing of charges against self-styled
godman Shiv Murat Dwivedi who along with seven others,
including six alleged call girls, are accused in a flesh trade
Metropolitan Magistrate Ravindra Singh, who extended
the judicial custody of Dwivedi by 24 days, asked the
prosecutor to start advancing arguments on July 2, the next
date of hearing.
Except Dwivedi alias Ichchadhari Sant Swami Bhimanand
Ji Maharaj Chitrakootwale, all other accused are out on bail
in the case.
Police, which have also booked Dwivedi in another case
lodged under the stringent Maharashtra Control of Organiesd
Crimes Act (MCOCA), have recently filed a chargesheet in the
flesh trade case under the Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act.
Earlier, the court had provided the accused with the
copies of the chargesheet which alleged that Dwivedi with the
help of others had amassed wealth running into crores of
rupees through the sex racket.
However, police are yet to file the probe report in
the MCOCA case.
During custodial interrogation, police, at the instance
of the accused, recovered various documents relating to
properties, investments and bank details, the chargesheet
It was also claimed that Rs 1.55 lakh cash, some gold
ornaments and VCDs were recovered from the car of Dwivedi
during a raid on February 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh