`Sexual harassment` case against JHU registrar
New Delhi: An FIR has been filed against the Registrar of Jamia Hamdard University here on a complaint of sexual harassment by a female employee of the institution, police said on Saturday.
According to the FIR filed at the Ambedkar Nagar police station in South-East Delhi, Registrar Firdous Ahmad Wani has harassed and tormented the female employee soon after here joining the university in August 2011.
"He used to call me in his chamber and indulged in indecent and objectionable behaviour. I had protested against his overtures and lodged a complaint with the Vice Chancellor but got no reply from him even after a reminder," the woman alleged.
"Following no response from the Vice Chancellor, I lodged a complaint with the Women commission after which Wani started pressurising me to withdraw it, failing which, he threatened to terminate my job and ruin my career," she alleged.
"We have received a complaint in this regard and investigations are on," said Additional Commissioner of Police (South-East) Ajay Chaudhary.
Repeated efforts to get comments from the Registrar did not fructify.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday