SG Gopal Subramanium elected chairman of BCI
New Delhi: Senior advocate and Solicitor
General Gopal Subramanium was Sunday unanimously elected
Chairman of the Bar Council of India (BCI), the apex
regulatory body for lawyers.
"The BCI at its meeting held on April 11 unanimously
elected Gopal Subramanium, Solicitor General of India, as the
chairman," a release of the lawyers` body said
Advocate R Dhanpal Raj was elected vice chairman of
the body for two years with effect from April 17, it said.
Milan Kumar Dey and Brij Mohan Vinayak have been
elected chairman and vice chairman of the executive committee
of BCI, it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump