SG Gopal Subramanium elected chairman of BCI
New Delhi: Senior advocate and Solicitor
General Gopal Subramanium was Sunday unanimously elected
Chairman of the Bar Council of India (BCI), the apex
regulatory body for lawyers.
"The BCI at its meeting held on April 11 unanimously
elected Gopal Subramanium, Solicitor General of India, as the
chairman," a release of the lawyers` body said
Advocate R Dhanpal Raj was elected vice chairman of
the body for two years with effect from April 17, it said.
Milan Kumar Dey and Brij Mohan Vinayak have been
elected chairman and vice chairman of the executive committee
of BCI, it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged