SG Gopal Subramanium elected chairman of BCI
New Delhi: Senior advocate and Solicitor
General Gopal Subramanium was Sunday unanimously elected
Chairman of the Bar Council of India (BCI), the apex
regulatory body for lawyers.
"The BCI at its meeting held on April 11 unanimously
elected Gopal Subramanium, Solicitor General of India, as the
chairman," a release of the lawyers` body said
Advocate R Dhanpal Raj was elected vice chairman of
the body for two years with effect from April 17, it said.
Milan Kumar Dey and Brij Mohan Vinayak have been
elected chairman and vice chairman of the executive committee
of BCI, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata