SG Gopal Subramanium elected chairman of BCI
New Delhi: Senior advocate and Solicitor
General Gopal Subramanium was Sunday unanimously elected
Chairman of the Bar Council of India (BCI), the apex
regulatory body for lawyers.
"The BCI at its meeting held on April 11 unanimously
elected Gopal Subramanium, Solicitor General of India, as the
chairman," a release of the lawyers` body said
Advocate R Dhanpal Raj was elected vice chairman of
the body for two years with effect from April 17, it said.
Milan Kumar Dey and Brij Mohan Vinayak have been
elected chairman and vice chairman of the executive committee
of BCI, it said.
- IPL 2016: Sunrisers Hyderabad's mentor Muttiah Muralitharan highly impressed with Bangladeshi pacer Mustafizur Rahman
- I am neither a borrower or a judgement debtor, says Vijay Mallya
- Secret Jaish-e-Muhammad training camp involved in Pathankot airbase attack traced
- China stripped America, made money and rebuilt itself: Donald Trump
- Google acquires start-up founded by Indian-origin entrepreneur Varun Malhotra