SG Gopal Subramanium elected chairman of BCI
New Delhi: Senior advocate and Solicitor
General Gopal Subramanium was Sunday unanimously elected
Chairman of the Bar Council of India (BCI), the apex
regulatory body for lawyers.
"The BCI at its meeting held on April 11 unanimously
elected Gopal Subramanium, Solicitor General of India, as the
chairman," a release of the lawyers` body said
Advocate R Dhanpal Raj was elected vice chairman of
the body for two years with effect from April 17, it said.
Milan Kumar Dey and Brij Mohan Vinayak have been
elected chairman and vice chairman of the executive committee
of BCI, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder