Shallow fog disrupts flight movement at IGI
New Delhi: Shallow fog at the airport here this morning delayed about half a dozen domestic flights.
Flights to Chennai, Srinagar, Amritsar and Patna were delayed by about an hour as the general visibility dropped to 300 metres, airport sources said.
Two flights to Chennai, two to Srinagar, one each to Amritsar and Patna were delayed by an hour.
"The runway visibility reduced to 700 metres," Director of the Indira Gandhi International Airport MeT department R K Jenamani said.
He said that it was unusual that Delhi airport, which last year experienced over 50 hours of dense fog till this time, has not experienced any dense fog so far.
"There is no dense fog as western disturbances are not active," he said, adding "even if there is dense fog, it will not last for more than one or two hours".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon