Shallow fog disrupts flight movement at IGI
New Delhi: Shallow fog at the airport here this morning delayed about half a dozen domestic flights.
Flights to Chennai, Srinagar, Amritsar and Patna were delayed by about an hour as the general visibility dropped to 300 metres, airport sources said.
Two flights to Chennai, two to Srinagar, one each to Amritsar and Patna were delayed by an hour.
"The runway visibility reduced to 700 metres," Director of the Indira Gandhi International Airport MeT department R K Jenamani said.
He said that it was unusual that Delhi airport, which last year experienced over 50 hours of dense fog till this time, has not experienced any dense fog so far.
"There is no dense fog as western disturbances are not active," he said, adding "even if there is dense fog, it will not last for more than one or two hours".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department