Shallow fog disrupts flight movement at IGI
New Delhi: Shallow fog at the airport here this morning delayed about half a dozen domestic flights.
Flights to Chennai, Srinagar, Amritsar and Patna were delayed by about an hour as the general visibility dropped to 300 metres, airport sources said.
Two flights to Chennai, two to Srinagar, one each to Amritsar and Patna were delayed by an hour.
"The runway visibility reduced to 700 metres," Director of the Indira Gandhi International Airport MeT department R K Jenamani said.
He said that it was unusual that Delhi airport, which last year experienced over 50 hours of dense fog till this time, has not experienced any dense fog so far.
"There is no dense fog as western disturbances are not active," he said, adding "even if there is dense fog, it will not last for more than one or two hours".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site