Shallow fog disrupts flight movement at IGI
New Delhi: Shallow fog at the airport here this morning delayed about half a dozen domestic flights.
Flights to Chennai, Srinagar, Amritsar and Patna were delayed by about an hour as the general visibility dropped to 300 metres, airport sources said.
Two flights to Chennai, two to Srinagar, one each to Amritsar and Patna were delayed by an hour.
"The runway visibility reduced to 700 metres," Director of the Indira Gandhi International Airport MeT department R K Jenamani said.
He said that it was unusual that Delhi airport, which last year experienced over 50 hours of dense fog till this time, has not experienced any dense fog so far.
"There is no dense fog as western disturbances are not active," he said, adding "even if there is dense fog, it will not last for more than one or two hours".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal