Shanti Bhushan donates Rs 1 crore to AAP
New Delhi: Former Law Minister Shanti Bhushan Monday donated Rs 1 crore to the newly-launched `Aam Aadmi Party` and said people from all walks of society will sit in Parliament after the 2014 General elections.
Bhushan, whose son Prashant is a member of the AAP`s National Executive, donated Rs 1 crore for Arvind Kejriwal`s party at the celebrations to mark its launch.
Besides, over Rs 1.6 lakh was collected from people who had gathered to witness the ceremony.
Speaking at the rally, Shanti Bhushan said people of the country have "stood up for themselves" and that they would decide their fate from now on.
"Parliament will have common people. People from all walks of the society will go to Parliament. They will decide their future," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!