Shanti Bhushan donates Rs 1 crore to AAP
New Delhi: Former Law Minister Shanti Bhushan Monday donated Rs 1 crore to the newly-launched `Aam Aadmi Party` and said people from all walks of society will sit in Parliament after the 2014 General elections.
Bhushan, whose son Prashant is a member of the AAP`s National Executive, donated Rs 1 crore for Arvind Kejriwal`s party at the celebrations to mark its launch.
Besides, over Rs 1.6 lakh was collected from people who had gathered to witness the ceremony.
Speaking at the rally, Shanti Bhushan said people of the country have "stood up for themselves" and that they would decide their fate from now on.
"Parliament will have common people. People from all walks of the society will go to Parliament. They will decide their future," he said.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Pakistan regrets US lack of appreciation for its anti-terror role
- Uttarakhand forest fires show signs of abating
- Smoking inside home makes kids ill
- Turkey says prevented 85 security incidents since January
- Nagaland Board of School Education (HSLC) Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared today; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in