Shanti Bhushan donates Rs 1 crore to AAP
New Delhi: Former Law Minister Shanti Bhushan Monday donated Rs 1 crore to the newly-launched `Aam Aadmi Party` and said people from all walks of society will sit in Parliament after the 2014 General elections.
Bhushan, whose son Prashant is a member of the AAP`s National Executive, donated Rs 1 crore for Arvind Kejriwal`s party at the celebrations to mark its launch.
Besides, over Rs 1.6 lakh was collected from people who had gathered to witness the ceremony.
Speaking at the rally, Shanti Bhushan said people of the country have "stood up for themselves" and that they would decide their fate from now on.
"Parliament will have common people. People from all walks of the society will go to Parliament. They will decide their future," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended