Shanti Bhushan donates Rs 1 crore to AAP
New Delhi: Former Law Minister Shanti Bhushan Monday donated Rs 1 crore to the newly-launched `Aam Aadmi Party` and said people from all walks of society will sit in Parliament after the 2014 General elections.
Bhushan, whose son Prashant is a member of the AAP`s National Executive, donated Rs 1 crore for Arvind Kejriwal`s party at the celebrations to mark its launch.
Besides, over Rs 1.6 lakh was collected from people who had gathered to witness the ceremony.
Speaking at the rally, Shanti Bhushan said people of the country have "stood up for themselves" and that they would decide their fate from now on.
"Parliament will have common people. People from all walks of the society will go to Parliament. They will decide their future," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda