Shanti Bhushan donates Rs 1 crore to AAP
New Delhi: Former Law Minister Shanti Bhushan Monday donated Rs 1 crore to the newly-launched `Aam Aadmi Party` and said people from all walks of society will sit in Parliament after the 2014 General elections.
Bhushan, whose son Prashant is a member of the AAP`s National Executive, donated Rs 1 crore for Arvind Kejriwal`s party at the celebrations to mark its launch.
Besides, over Rs 1.6 lakh was collected from people who had gathered to witness the ceremony.
Speaking at the rally, Shanti Bhushan said people of the country have "stood up for themselves" and that they would decide their fate from now on.
"Parliament will have common people. People from all walks of the society will go to Parliament. They will decide their future," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed announces 'jihad to free Pakistani rivers from India'
- Chinese ship inaugurates expanded Panama Canal
- Euro 2016: Germany cruise into last eight with 3-0 Slovakia win
- Security in Kashmir reviewed following Pampore attack; Amarnath Yatra to begin soon
- Southwest monsoon progresses in Gujarat