Sharad Yadav lacks confidence on women: Natarajan
New Delhi: Environment Minister Jayanthi
Natarajan on Monday took a dig at JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav, saying
he has no confidence on a woman minister apparently due to his
reservations on the Women`s Reservation Bill.
Replying to a debate on the state of river Ganga in the
Lok Sabha, Natarajan referred to certain comparisons made by
Yadav between her predecessor Jairam Ramesh and herself while
participating in the discussion.
She said may be Yadav is not confident of her performance
due to his reservations on the Women`s Reservation Bill.
In a lighter vein, she said while referring to Ganga as
"mother", members in the House have given "great deal of
respect" to women while participating in the debate.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'