Sharjah student tops CBSE results in Delhi region
New Delhi: A Class 12 student from Sharjah (UAE) became the regional topper in Delhi in the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) results, which were declared on Monday.
"Anant Srinivasan from Delhi Private School in Sharjah has scored 98.2 percent in Delhi region of the CBSE. He is the regional topper," a senior official of the CBSE said. The CBSE examinations conducted in the Gulf come under the Delhi region.
Srinivasan, a science student, scored perfect 100 in Physics, and 99 in Mathematics and Computer Sciences each.
Delhi is among the eight regional centres of the CBSE - the prime body for conducting examinations. With 84 schools under the CBSE in the Gulf region, over 8,000 students appeared for the exams this year. Total pass percentage in the region was 95.8 percent.
The Gulf region has nearly six million-strong Indian diaspora. Girls outshone boys in the region with an edge of 3.9 percent. While girls came up with a pass percentage of 97.68, boys performed at 93.69 percent.
Fighting against all odds, the topper among disabled students is also from the Gulf region.
"Batul Kaizar Saidwala from the Indian Community School in Kuwait scored 96.2 percent. She is among the special candidates who have secured above 90 percent," the CBSE official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued