Sharpshooter linked to Abu Salem among three arrested
New Delhi: Delhi Police today claimed to
have smashed a gang of vehicle thieves with the arrest of
three persons, including an alleged sharpshooter linked to
underworld don Abu Salem who had opened fire at the office of
singer Daler Mehndi in 1999.
Mohd Zameer (29), the alleged sharpshooter, Mohd Wasim
(30) and Jamshed (28) were apprehended from Shakti Nagar and
Inderlok yesterday following a tip off.
Six stolen cars have been recovered and more than a
dozen auto theft cases have been worked out, Surinder Singh,
Deputy Commissioner of Police (North), said.
Zameer, on the directions of Abu Salem, along with
one Rashid allegedly fired at the office of Mehndi in Lado
Sarai in 1999.
He had also allegedly fired at Anil Kundan Thandani,
husband of actress Ravina Tandon at Bandra Mumbai on the
directions of Abu Salem.?He has remained in jail in these
"He also disclosed of his involvements in about 30
cases of car thefts in different parts of Delhi. He
disclosed involvements of his two associates in committing
motor vehicle thefts," Singh said.
- Kejriwal govt vs Centre: Delhi High Court seeks response from Modi governnment
- Indian Premier League: Here's what original mystery spinner Paul Adams said about Shivil Kaushik!
- 'Deal between PM Modi and Italy to fix Sonia Gandhi': BJP moves privilege motion against Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Nine Taliban militants killed in IED blast in Afghanistan's Badakhshan province
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! When Australian all-rounder James Faulkner turned Gujarati for a day