Sharpshooter wanted in several criminal cases nabbed
New Delhi: An alleged sharp shooter of a notorious criminal gang, who carried a reward of Rs 25,000, was arrested in connection with several cases of murder, attempt to murder and kidnapping in Delhi and NCR, police said. Wednesday.
Accused Ravi Kumar (32) had been declared `proclaimed offender` by a court in a case of attempt to murder in Gurgaon, Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime) Ravindra Yadav said.
"Ravi, with the assistance of his close aides Sandeep Ghadoli amd Shoukee (both already arrested), used to commit heinous crimes," Yadav said.
He was arrested on April 15 following a tip-off.
Ravi and his four accomplices were arrested earlier in an attempt to murder case of Delhi Cantt. However, after coming out on bail, he got involved in several cases of murder, attempt to murder and kidnapping, said Yadav.
Ravi was also accused of abducting a man following a road rage in Dabri.
"Once, when he was lodged in Bhondsi Jail, Gurgaon, for possessing illicit firearms, he caused rioting there," said Yadav.
Later, Ravi joined the gang of Sandeep Ghadoli and became its key sharp shooter, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- These car companies are offering purchase discount of upto Rs 1 lakh
- Actor-turned-politician Roopa Ganguly injured in 'Trinamool' attack
- Captured: Witness 70 tiger sharks ripping apart a dead whale! - Watch video
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 56: Delhi Daredevils vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Revealed! Alia Bhatt to essay the role of a rape victim in 'Udta Punjab'