Sharpshooter wanted in several criminal cases nabbed
New Delhi: An alleged sharp shooter of a notorious criminal gang, who carried a reward of Rs 25,000, was arrested in connection with several cases of murder, attempt to murder and kidnapping in Delhi and NCR, police said. Wednesday.
Accused Ravi Kumar (32) had been declared `proclaimed offender` by a court in a case of attempt to murder in Gurgaon, Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime) Ravindra Yadav said.
"Ravi, with the assistance of his close aides Sandeep Ghadoli amd Shoukee (both already arrested), used to commit heinous crimes," Yadav said.
He was arrested on April 15 following a tip-off.
Ravi and his four accomplices were arrested earlier in an attempt to murder case of Delhi Cantt. However, after coming out on bail, he got involved in several cases of murder, attempt to murder and kidnapping, said Yadav.
Ravi was also accused of abducting a man following a road rage in Dabri.
"Once, when he was lodged in Bhondsi Jail, Gurgaon, for possessing illicit firearms, he caused rioting there," said Yadav.
Later, Ravi joined the gang of Sandeep Ghadoli and became its key sharp shooter, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?