Sharpshooter wanted in several criminal cases nabbed
New Delhi: An alleged sharp shooter of a notorious criminal gang, who carried a reward of Rs 25,000, was arrested in connection with several cases of murder, attempt to murder and kidnapping in Delhi and NCR, police said. Wednesday.
Accused Ravi Kumar (32) had been declared `proclaimed offender` by a court in a case of attempt to murder in Gurgaon, Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime) Ravindra Yadav said.
"Ravi, with the assistance of his close aides Sandeep Ghadoli amd Shoukee (both already arrested), used to commit heinous crimes," Yadav said.
He was arrested on April 15 following a tip-off.
Ravi and his four accomplices were arrested earlier in an attempt to murder case of Delhi Cantt. However, after coming out on bail, he got involved in several cases of murder, attempt to murder and kidnapping, said Yadav.
Ravi was also accused of abducting a man following a road rage in Dabri.
"Once, when he was lodged in Bhondsi Jail, Gurgaon, for possessing illicit firearms, he caused rioting there," said Yadav.
Later, Ravi joined the gang of Sandeep Ghadoli and became its key sharp shooter, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH