Shatabdi delayed due to hoax bomb call
New Delhi: A bomb hoax triggered panic at Dadri Railway station near Ghaziabad on Saturday, sending security personnel into a tizzy.
According to a Northern Railway spokesperson, a call was made to deputy station superintendent of Ghaziabad station around 4.40 pm that a bomb was planted in Kanpur-bound Shatabdi Express, which had left New Delhi railway station just 40 minutes back.
The train was stopped at Dadri Railway station and police conducted a thorough search of the train, which revealed that the call was hoax.
The train was held up for about an hour, the spokesperson said.
The incident came close on the heels of a high intensity sophisticated bomb being recovered from a sleeper coach of Delhi-bound Manikpur-Hazrat Nizamuddin Express at Mahoba railway station in Uttar Pradesh about 10 days back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail