Shatabdi delayed due to hoax bomb call
New Delhi: A bomb hoax triggered panic at Dadri Railway station near Ghaziabad on Saturday, sending security personnel into a tizzy.
According to a Northern Railway spokesperson, a call was made to deputy station superintendent of Ghaziabad station around 4.40 pm that a bomb was planted in Kanpur-bound Shatabdi Express, which had left New Delhi railway station just 40 minutes back.
The train was stopped at Dadri Railway station and police conducted a thorough search of the train, which revealed that the call was hoax.
The train was held up for about an hour, the spokesperson said.
The incident came close on the heels of a high intensity sophisticated bomb being recovered from a sleeper coach of Delhi-bound Manikpur-Hazrat Nizamuddin Express at Mahoba railway station in Uttar Pradesh about 10 days back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state