Shatabdi delayed due to hoax bomb call
New Delhi: A bomb hoax triggered panic at Dadri Railway station near Ghaziabad on Saturday, sending security personnel into a tizzy.
According to a Northern Railway spokesperson, a call was made to deputy station superintendent of Ghaziabad station around 4.40 pm that a bomb was planted in Kanpur-bound Shatabdi Express, which had left New Delhi railway station just 40 minutes back.
The train was stopped at Dadri Railway station and police conducted a thorough search of the train, which revealed that the call was hoax.
The train was held up for about an hour, the spokesperson said.
The incident came close on the heels of a high intensity sophisticated bomb being recovered from a sleeper coach of Delhi-bound Manikpur-Hazrat Nizamuddin Express at Mahoba railway station in Uttar Pradesh about 10 days back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj