Shatabdi delayed due to hoax bomb call
New Delhi: A bomb hoax triggered panic at Dadri Railway station near Ghaziabad on Saturday, sending security personnel into a tizzy.
According to a Northern Railway spokesperson, a call was made to deputy station superintendent of Ghaziabad station around 4.40 pm that a bomb was planted in Kanpur-bound Shatabdi Express, which had left New Delhi railway station just 40 minutes back.
The train was stopped at Dadri Railway station and police conducted a thorough search of the train, which revealed that the call was hoax.
The train was held up for about an hour, the spokesperson said.
The incident came close on the heels of a high intensity sophisticated bomb being recovered from a sleeper coach of Delhi-bound Manikpur-Hazrat Nizamuddin Express at Mahoba railway station in Uttar Pradesh about 10 days back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam