Shehla case: CBI conducts polygraph test on BJP MLA
New Delhi: The CBI on Saturday conducted a lie-detection test on BJP MLA from Bhopal, Dhruv Narayan Singh, in connection with the murder of RTI activist Shehla Masood.
Singh underwent the test for several hours today at the Central Forensic Science Laboratory here as the previous attempt of the CBI to carry out polygraph test on him remained inconclusive on March 19, sources in the probe agency said.
The agency asked him a series of questions related to his purported relationship with Masood and accused Zahida Parvez, besides whether he knew about the murder plan allegedly hatched by the latter.
Unlike the last attempt when physical parameters of Singh started to fluctuate, he remained calm and composed during the session, they said.
The CBI might call Singh again for the lie-detection test if the results did not prove satisfactory, they said.
CBI sources had said that the MLA is "not completely off-radar" in the case. However, the agency has not got any evidence which points to his role in the murder of the 38-year-old activist.
Singh had given consent to undergo lie-detection test before a special court in Indore.
During the probe, the CBI had found that accused Zahida Parvez had "very close relations" with the MLA, and resented his closeness with Masood, they said. Parvez is currently in judicial custody.
While analysing call details of Parvez and her friend and another accused Saba Farooqui, sleuths came across some calls made purportedly to a close aide of Singh soon after Masood was murdered on August 16 last year outside her house in Koh-e-Fiza locality in Bhopal. Farooqui is also in judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’