Sheila asks Congresswomen to start door-to-door campaign
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Thursday exhorted Congress women workers to work hard and start door-to-door campaign for coming assembly elections.
Though 76 per cent of the entire work in the world is being done by women, Dikshit said that their contribution at home and at work place is not being recognized.
She said her government has always given priority to women and provided 50 per cent reservation in the three corporations which helped women in taking lead roles.
She further said the state government initiated "Laadli" scheme aimed at improveming the gender ratio. The scheme is linked with birth of girl child and their education, she said.
"Our government has set up 140 Gender Resource Centres, which have been making women from vulnerable sections trained enough to supplement to their family income. My government has tried to empower women by implementing Dilli Annshree Yojana and has now decided to implement Food Security Scheme and the benefits would be percolated down through the female head of the family.
"Our government was the first to introduce Laadli scheme which was later replicated by the central government and other states. Further, my government has been providing relief to women in registration of properties in their names", Dikshit added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why