Sheila asks Congresswomen to start door-to-door campaign
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Thursday exhorted Congress women workers to work hard and start door-to-door campaign for coming assembly elections.
Though 76 per cent of the entire work in the world is being done by women, Dikshit said that their contribution at home and at work place is not being recognized.
She said her government has always given priority to women and provided 50 per cent reservation in the three corporations which helped women in taking lead roles.
She further said the state government initiated "Laadli" scheme aimed at improveming the gender ratio. The scheme is linked with birth of girl child and their education, she said.
"Our government has set up 140 Gender Resource Centres, which have been making women from vulnerable sections trained enough to supplement to their family income. My government has tried to empower women by implementing Dilli Annshree Yojana and has now decided to implement Food Security Scheme and the benefits would be percolated down through the female head of the family.
"Our government was the first to introduce Laadli scheme which was later replicated by the central government and other states. Further, my government has been providing relief to women in registration of properties in their names", Dikshit added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video