Sheila Dikshit asks people to keep out divisive forces
New Delhi: In an apparent dig at BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Wednesday asked the people to keep out the forces involved in "dividing" the country and "spreading hatred".
"The narrow ideology is not in the interest of the society as well as the country. People must keep away the forces involved in dividing the country and spreading hatred," she said.
The Chief Minister was speaking after inaugurating a newly-built school complex at Jahangirpuri area in North Delhi.
Listing achievements of her government, she said the city witnessed development in true sense in the last 15 years.
"The development work carried out by my government is very much visible. People know about our achievements," she said.
On onion prices going up again, she said unprecedented rains and floods have affected the production of vegetables in the country, which is resulting in rise in prices of the vegetable in the retail market.
She expressed the hope that the prices will be stabilise in the next few days. Union Minister Kapil Sibal, who was also present on the occasion, said his ministry would connect all the rooms in the Sarvodaya Vidyalaya with internet and provide Akash Tablet to girl students.
Speaking at a separate function in Kalkaji area of South Delhi, Dikshit said all concerned agencies need to work in tandem to make Delhi a slum-free city.
She was addressing a gathering after laying the foundation stone of a housing project for 3,000 families living in slum clusters.
"Each flats will include one drawing room, one bed room and one kitchen," she said. The housing complex will be built as per green building concept.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'