Sheila Dikshit discharged from hospital; advised rest for few days
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, who was admitted to a hospital where she underwent an angioplasty procedure on Tuesday, was discharged from hospital on Thursday.
The 74-year-old was admitted to Fortis Escorts Heart Institute on Monday night after she complained of tiredness, cold and throat infection.
She left the hospital on Thursday evening and was advised a few days` rest by the doctors.
She underwent an angioplasty at the hospital on Tuesday as blockage was found in one of her arteries, sources said.
Dr Ashok Seth, Chairman of Cardiac Sciences at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, said Dikshit has made "good progress" after the angioplasty procedure.
"She has made good progress and all her vital parameters are fine," Seth told.
Dikshit wanted to resume work from tomorrow, but doctors advised her to take rest till Sunday and resume work from Monday.
"I have advised her that she should take rest at least till the weekend," he said, adding that the Chief Minister will be called to the hospital for regular check-ups.
Angioplasty is a non-surgical procedure which is performed for widening blocked arteries and improve blood circulation.
The Chief Minister cleared a number of files from the hospital bed.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray