Sheila Dikshit discharged from hospital; advised rest for few days
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, who was admitted to a hospital where she underwent an angioplasty procedure on Tuesday, was discharged from hospital on Thursday.
The 74-year-old was admitted to Fortis Escorts Heart Institute on Monday night after she complained of tiredness, cold and throat infection.
She left the hospital on Thursday evening and was advised a few days` rest by the doctors.
She underwent an angioplasty at the hospital on Tuesday as blockage was found in one of her arteries, sources said.
Dr Ashok Seth, Chairman of Cardiac Sciences at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, said Dikshit has made "good progress" after the angioplasty procedure.
"She has made good progress and all her vital parameters are fine," Seth told.
Dikshit wanted to resume work from tomorrow, but doctors advised her to take rest till Sunday and resume work from Monday.
"I have advised her that she should take rest at least till the weekend," he said, adding that the Chief Minister will be called to the hospital for regular check-ups.
Angioplasty is a non-surgical procedure which is performed for widening blocked arteries and improve blood circulation.
The Chief Minister cleared a number of files from the hospital bed.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP