Sheila Dikshit distributed assistance to people from backward sections
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit distributed financial assistance and light commercial vehicles to 61 persons belonging to SC, ST, OBC and minority communities.
The vehicles and financial assistance were provided to the beneficiaries under three different schemes ? Composite Loan Scheme, Delhi Swarojgar Yojana and Transport Loan Scheme.
The schemes are being implemented by Delhi SC ST, OBC and minorities financial and development corporation.
Officials said Dikshit directed the Corporation to grant loan to women from SC, ST, OBC and minority communities so that they can earn their own livelihood.
They said the finacial assistance is being provided in the form of loan with minimal interest rate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh