Sheila Dikshit distributed assistance to people from backward sections
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit distributed financial assistance and light commercial vehicles to 61 persons belonging to SC, ST, OBC and minority communities.
The vehicles and financial assistance were provided to the beneficiaries under three different schemes ? Composite Loan Scheme, Delhi Swarojgar Yojana and Transport Loan Scheme.
The schemes are being implemented by Delhi SC ST, OBC and minorities financial and development corporation.
Officials said Dikshit directed the Corporation to grant loan to women from SC, ST, OBC and minority communities so that they can earn their own livelihood.
They said the finacial assistance is being provided in the form of loan with minimal interest rate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender