Sheila Dikshit faces BSP councillor`s ire
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit today fended off a BSP councillor when she came close to her and created ruckus at a function by storming the dais.
Councillor Priyanka Gautam disrupted Dikshit`s speech at the function in Kondli area of East Delhi and shouted slogans against the Chief Minister for not being "invited" to event though she was an elected representative of the area.
Dikshit first tried to pacify Gautam but she fended off her when the councillor got close to her shouting slogans. She was also asking Dikshit why there was no seat for her in the dais.
The Chief Minister, who was speaking after inaugurating a community centre, expressed regret to the councillor on behalf of the organisers but Gautam did not relent.
Later, a number of supporters of Gautam showed black flags to Dikshit and even clashed with Congress supporters. "The protest was politically motivated," the Chief Minister said.
Dikshit`s son and East Delhi MP Sandeep Dikshit and MLA Amrish Gautam were also present on the occasion.
Asked about Arvind Kejriwal`s allegations of wrongdoings by her government to benefit private power distribution companies, Dikshit said the government has already sent its reply to the activist.
"We have sent the reply to Kejriwal. So there is no need to comment further," she said.
Addressing the function, Dikshit said her Government was fully conscious of the developmental needs of the Trans Yamuna area and was committed to fulfilling them in the right earnest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today