Sheila Dikshit inaugurates CRPF mela
New Delhi: A range of handicraft products and other household items are on display at the three-day CRPF `mela` which was inaugurated by Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit here on Friday.
The fair, which is being organised by the wives welfare association of the country`s largest paramilitary force, has brought under one roof a host of household items and a multitude of cuisine from across the states.
The families of CRPF troopers are conducting the business at these stalls which have come from states like Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
Dikshit, who inaugurated the fair, lauded the role of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel in maintaining internal security.
The CM, accompanied by the CRPF wives association chairperson Suneeta Trivedi, had a look at a few stalls in the `mela` which will continue till Sunday, October 20.
A number of cultural programmes, magic shows and games will be hosted during the event.
The fair is being held at the CRPF ground in front of CGOs complex in central Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country