Sheila Dikshit inaugurates CRPF mela
New Delhi: A range of handicraft products and other household items are on display at the three-day CRPF `mela` which was inaugurated by Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit here on Friday.
The fair, which is being organised by the wives welfare association of the country`s largest paramilitary force, has brought under one roof a host of household items and a multitude of cuisine from across the states.
The families of CRPF troopers are conducting the business at these stalls which have come from states like Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
Dikshit, who inaugurated the fair, lauded the role of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel in maintaining internal security.
The CM, accompanied by the CRPF wives association chairperson Suneeta Trivedi, had a look at a few stalls in the `mela` which will continue till Sunday, October 20.
A number of cultural programmes, magic shows and games will be hosted during the event.
The fair is being held at the CRPF ground in front of CGOs complex in central Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened