Sheila Dikshit justifies water tariff hike
New Delhi: Justifying her government`s decision to hike water tariff earlier this month, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Saturday said prices were raised after a gap of six years, though drinking water is still being subsidised.
"Elected governments will never like to hike rates of their civic services, though they have to take certain steps to improve the quality of services and for expansion of services," said Dikshit.
She exhorted representatives of Resident Welfare Associations (RWA) to become vigilant and ensure that there is no wastage of drinking water.
"Wherever they notice such wastage, they must promptly inform the DJB (Delhi Jal Board). Apart from this, the RWAs can also interact with their elected representatives under Bhagidari initiative to bring improvements," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’