Sheila Dikshit lays foundation for hospital in North Delhi
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Saturday laid the foundation of a 200-beded hospital in Burari area of North Delhi and said the national capital was becoming a hub of medical tourism.
Speaking on the occasion, she said government was committed to further improve medical facilities in the city.
"Delhi is becoming a medical tourism hub as large number of patients come here for the quality treatment and health services," she said.
Currently, Delhi hospitals have a total capacity of 43,000 beds, Dikshit said.
"There would be no dearth of funds for expansion of health care services in Delhi as we are committed to further improve the health care facilities in the city," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh