Sheila Dikshit lays foundation for hospital in North Delhi
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Saturday laid the foundation of a 200-beded hospital in Burari area of North Delhi and said the national capital was becoming a hub of medical tourism.
Speaking on the occasion, she said government was committed to further improve medical facilities in the city.
"Delhi is becoming a medical tourism hub as large number of patients come here for the quality treatment and health services," she said.
Currently, Delhi hospitals have a total capacity of 43,000 beds, Dikshit said.
"There would be no dearth of funds for expansion of health care services in Delhi as we are committed to further improve the health care facilities in the city," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!