Sheila Dikshit lays foundation for hospital in North Delhi
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Saturday laid the foundation of a 200-beded hospital in Burari area of North Delhi and said the national capital was becoming a hub of medical tourism.
Speaking on the occasion, she said government was committed to further improve medical facilities in the city.
"Delhi is becoming a medical tourism hub as large number of patients come here for the quality treatment and health services," she said.
Currently, Delhi hospitals have a total capacity of 43,000 beds, Dikshit said.
"There would be no dearth of funds for expansion of health care services in Delhi as we are committed to further improve the health care facilities in the city," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hilarious VIDEO: When Delhi Daredevils' Quinton de Kock, Sam Billings took Hindi lessons
- Sussanne Khan clarifies on patching-up with Hrithik Roshan—Details inside!
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar's namesake throws slipper at him in Patna, arrested
- Liquor baron Vijay Mallya resigns from Rajya Sahba
- 'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: Survey