Sheila Dikshit lays foundation for hospital in North Delhi
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Saturday laid the foundation of a 200-beded hospital in Burari area of North Delhi and said the national capital was becoming a hub of medical tourism.
Speaking on the occasion, she said government was committed to further improve medical facilities in the city.
"Delhi is becoming a medical tourism hub as large number of patients come here for the quality treatment and health services," she said.
Currently, Delhi hospitals have a total capacity of 43,000 beds, Dikshit said.
"There would be no dearth of funds for expansion of health care services in Delhi as we are committed to further improve the health care facilities in the city," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- 80 killed, over 200 injured in twin suicide bomb attacks on Kabul protesters; Islamic State claims responsibility
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans