Sheila Dikshit lays foundation for hospital in North Delhi
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Saturday laid the foundation of a 200-beded hospital in Burari area of North Delhi and said the national capital was becoming a hub of medical tourism.
Speaking on the occasion, she said government was committed to further improve medical facilities in the city.
"Delhi is becoming a medical tourism hub as large number of patients come here for the quality treatment and health services," she said.
Currently, Delhi hospitals have a total capacity of 43,000 beds, Dikshit said.
"There would be no dearth of funds for expansion of health care services in Delhi as we are committed to further improve the health care facilities in the city," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened