Sheila Dikshit meets Sushilkumar Shinde on dispute over Delhi shrine
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Monday called on Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and sought his Ministry`s help in resolving a long-pending dispute regarding encroachment around a religious structure in Jor Bagh area of South Delhi.
The Chief Minister requested Shinde`s intervention in settling the dispute between residents of B K Dutt Colony and the management of a Muslim shrine over alleged encroachment.
"I met Shinde to find a solution to the problem," Dikshit said.
Union Minority Affairs Minister K Rehman Khan and Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar were also present in the meeting, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH