Sheila Dikshit meets Sushilkumar Shinde on dispute over Delhi shrine
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Monday called on Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and sought his Ministry`s help in resolving a long-pending dispute regarding encroachment around a religious structure in Jor Bagh area of South Delhi.
The Chief Minister requested Shinde`s intervention in settling the dispute between residents of B K Dutt Colony and the management of a Muslim shrine over alleged encroachment.
"I met Shinde to find a solution to the problem," Dikshit said.
Union Minority Affairs Minister K Rehman Khan and Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar were also present in the meeting, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere