Sheila Dikshit meets Sushilkumar Shinde on dispute over Delhi shrine
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Monday called on Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and sought his Ministry`s help in resolving a long-pending dispute regarding encroachment around a religious structure in Jor Bagh area of South Delhi.
The Chief Minister requested Shinde`s intervention in settling the dispute between residents of B K Dutt Colony and the management of a Muslim shrine over alleged encroachment.
"I met Shinde to find a solution to the problem," Dikshit said.
Union Minority Affairs Minister K Rehman Khan and Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar were also present in the meeting, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!