Sheila Dikshit resumes office
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Monday rejoined office, a week after she underwent an angioplasty procedure following blockage in one of her arteries.
The Chief Minister was in her office in Delhi Secretariat for over four hours and cleared a number of files besides holding a couple of meetings with top officials.
"She was in a cheerful mood. She took a couple of important meetings with senior officials of the administration," an aide of Dikshit said.
74-year-old Dikshit was admitted to the Fortis Escorts Heart Institute on Monday last following uneasiness and throat infection and an angioplasty procedure was carried out on her the next day to widen one of her blocked arteries.
She was discharged from the hospital on Thursday and doctors had advised her rest till Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city