Sheila Dikshit resumes office
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Monday rejoined office, a week after she underwent an angioplasty procedure following blockage in one of her arteries.
The Chief Minister was in her office in Delhi Secretariat for over four hours and cleared a number of files besides holding a couple of meetings with top officials.
"She was in a cheerful mood. She took a couple of important meetings with senior officials of the administration," an aide of Dikshit said.
74-year-old Dikshit was admitted to the Fortis Escorts Heart Institute on Monday last following uneasiness and throat infection and an angioplasty procedure was carried out on her the next day to widen one of her blocked arteries.
She was discharged from the hospital on Thursday and doctors had advised her rest till Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'