Sheila Dikshit reviews Tihar Jail security
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit met Tihar Jail Director General Vimla Mehra Monday and discussed the security of the prison`s inmates.
"I reviewed the progress on the security of Tihar`s inmates. We discussed that we needed to be more vigilant," Dikshit told IANS.
"Vimla Mehra apprised me of the progress. She also assured that more CCTV cameras will be installed in Tihar. A blueprint on the measures will be submitted to the Delhi government," Dikshit said.
The meeting was called in the wake of the suicide by the Delhi gang-rape`s main accused Ram Singh March 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!