Sheila Dikshit reviews Tihar Jail security
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit met Tihar Jail Director General Vimla Mehra Monday and discussed the security of the prison`s inmates.
"I reviewed the progress on the security of Tihar`s inmates. We discussed that we needed to be more vigilant," Dikshit told IANS.
"Vimla Mehra apprised me of the progress. She also assured that more CCTV cameras will be installed in Tihar. A blueprint on the measures will be submitted to the Delhi government," Dikshit said.
The meeting was called in the wake of the suicide by the Delhi gang-rape`s main accused Ram Singh March 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters