Sheila Dikshit reviews Tihar Jail security
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit met Tihar Jail Director General Vimla Mehra Monday and discussed the security of the prison`s inmates.
"I reviewed the progress on the security of Tihar`s inmates. We discussed that we needed to be more vigilant," Dikshit told IANS.
"Vimla Mehra apprised me of the progress. She also assured that more CCTV cameras will be installed in Tihar. A blueprint on the measures will be submitted to the Delhi government," Dikshit said.
The meeting was called in the wake of the suicide by the Delhi gang-rape`s main accused Ram Singh March 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LeEco to launch Made in India phone in its event today?
- Ahead of PM Modi's US visit, USCIRF report says 'intolerance has risen in India'
- Gold price eyes $1,300 again as weaker dollar, fund inflows support
- Kerala law student raped, murdered at home: Read chilling details of post-mortem report here
- On Umar Akmal, Ahmed Shehzad's sacking: Shahid Afridi welcomes PCB's move to give chance to youngsters