Sheila Dikshit undergoes angioplasty
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has been admitted to a hospital where she underwent an angioplasty procedure Tuesday.
Dikshit, 74, was admitted to Fortis Escorts Heart Institute last night after she complained of tiredness, cold and throat infection.
She underwent an angioplasty at the hospital today as blockage was found in one of her arteries, sources said.
Angioplasty is a non-surgical procedure which is performed for widening blocked arteries and improve blood circulation.
The sources said an overall health check-up was also carried out on Dikshit.
The Chief Minister cleared a number of files from the hospital bed. She is likely to be released from hospital tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan