Sheila Dikshit undergoes angioplasty
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has been admitted to a hospital where she underwent an angioplasty procedure Tuesday.
Dikshit, 74, was admitted to Fortis Escorts Heart Institute last night after she complained of tiredness, cold and throat infection.
She underwent an angioplasty at the hospital today as blockage was found in one of her arteries, sources said.
Angioplasty is a non-surgical procedure which is performed for widening blocked arteries and improve blood circulation.
The sources said an overall health check-up was also carried out on Dikshit.
The Chief Minister cleared a number of files from the hospital bed. She is likely to be released from hospital tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Busy bee Nargis Fakhri dusts down rumours, looking forward to promote 'Banjo'!
- Pakistan's Hafiz Saeed managed the ISIS attack in Kabul that killed 80 people?
- The list of top 10 most valuable football clubs is out – See here!
- Watch Video: BlackBerry DTEK50, the world's most secured Android smartphone
- Unbelievable: Thousands throng daily at Taiwan McDonald's store to see a girl – Know why