Sheila Dikshit undergoes angioplasty
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has been admitted to a hospital where she underwent an angioplasty procedure Tuesday.
Dikshit, 74, was admitted to Fortis Escorts Heart Institute last night after she complained of tiredness, cold and throat infection.
She underwent an angioplasty at the hospital today as blockage was found in one of her arteries, sources said.
Angioplasty is a non-surgical procedure which is performed for widening blocked arteries and improve blood circulation.
The sources said an overall health check-up was also carried out on Dikshit.
The Chief Minister cleared a number of files from the hospital bed. She is likely to be released from hospital tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16