Sheila Dikshit undergoes angioplasty
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has been admitted to a hospital where she underwent an angioplasty procedure Tuesday.
Dikshit, 74, was admitted to Fortis Escorts Heart Institute last night after she complained of tiredness, cold and throat infection.
She underwent an angioplasty at the hospital today as blockage was found in one of her arteries, sources said.
Angioplasty is a non-surgical procedure which is performed for widening blocked arteries and improve blood circulation.
The sources said an overall health check-up was also carried out on Dikshit.
The Chief Minister cleared a number of files from the hospital bed. She is likely to be released from hospital tomorrow.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know