Sheila Dikshit undergoes angioplasty
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has been admitted to a hospital where she underwent an angioplasty procedure Tuesday.
Dikshit, 74, was admitted to Fortis Escorts Heart Institute last night after she complained of tiredness, cold and throat infection.
She underwent an angioplasty at the hospital today as blockage was found in one of her arteries, sources said.
Angioplasty is a non-surgical procedure which is performed for widening blocked arteries and improve blood circulation.
The sources said an overall health check-up was also carried out on Dikshit.
The Chief Minister cleared a number of files from the hospital bed. She is likely to be released from hospital tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad