Sheila Dikshit undergoes sinus surgery
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit on Friday underwent a surgery for sinusitis in a city hospital, doctors said.
Dikshit, 75, was operated for functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS) at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute.
"Dikshit was operated Friday under the care of her personal cardiologist Ashok Seth at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute by her personal ENT consultant Devinder Rai from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital," said an official statement from the Sir Ganga Ram Hospital.
According to doctors, Dikshit was suffering from sinusitis since one year.
"Of late, she started having nasal obstruction which started impeding her day to day work, especially public speaking," it said.
"Her surgery took about an hour and she is stable after the surgery. She will be discharged soon," the statement said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?