Sheila Dikshit undergoes sinus surgery
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit on Friday underwent a surgery for sinusitis in a city hospital, doctors said.
Dikshit, 75, was operated for functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS) at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute.
"Dikshit was operated Friday under the care of her personal cardiologist Ashok Seth at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute by her personal ENT consultant Devinder Rai from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital," said an official statement from the Sir Ganga Ram Hospital.
According to doctors, Dikshit was suffering from sinusitis since one year.
"Of late, she started having nasal obstruction which started impeding her day to day work, especially public speaking," it said.
"Her surgery took about an hour and she is stable after the surgery. She will be discharged soon," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail