Sheila Dikshit undergoes sinus surgery
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit on Friday underwent a surgery for sinusitis in a city hospital, doctors said.
Dikshit, 75, was operated for functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS) at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute.
"Dikshit was operated Friday under the care of her personal cardiologist Ashok Seth at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute by her personal ENT consultant Devinder Rai from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital," said an official statement from the Sir Ganga Ram Hospital.
According to doctors, Dikshit was suffering from sinusitis since one year.
"Of late, she started having nasal obstruction which started impeding her day to day work, especially public speaking," it said.
"Her surgery took about an hour and she is stable after the surgery. She will be discharged soon," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him