Sheila govt "indifferent" towards inflation-hit common man
New Delhi: Delhi BJP`s Chief Ministerial candidate Harsh Vardhan on Friday accused the Sheila Dikshit government of showing an "indifferent" attitude towards common man hit by inflation in the festive season.
"Indifferent attitude of the government has broken the back of the people of Delhi. Not a single house is unaffected by price rise and adulteration and the government machinery remains a spectator," he charged in a statement.
He charged the market was full of adulterated sweets but the government has not raided a single shop.
"Cooking gas cylinders are being sold from Rs 1,200 to 1,400 in black market openly. People have been suffering due to unprecedented rise in the price of onion. And now, vegetable traders have made potatoes, tomatoes, brinjals, green vegetables, mushrooms, garlic costly," Vardhan said.
He said tomatoes, which were being sold at Rs 40 per kg at point of time, are now being sold at Rs 60 to 70.
"Just three days ago, potatoes were being sold at the rate of Rs 25 per kg now these were being sold at the rate of Rs. 40 to 50 per kg, apples were being sold at the rate of Rs. 70 to 140 per kg., bananas Rs. 70 per dozen, pomegranate Rs. 140 per kg., pineapples are being sold at Rs. 100 per piece," he added.
High inflation has dampened the festive spirit he claimed adding even price of small statues of Lord Ganesha and Laxmi was about Rs 300 in the market.
"An average family is unable to perform the worship of Lord Ganesha and Laxmi happily. The price of decorative materials, lighting, candles, colorful lanterns, earthen lamps is sky rocketing. Small earthen lamps cost Rs. 15 per dozen", Vardhan alleged.
He said getting dry fruits had become a dream, almonds are being sold from Rs 800 to Rs 1,000 per kg, wallnuts at Rs 1,400 per kg, raisins at Rs Rs 800 per kg, cashew from Rs 1,000 to 1,400 per kg, pistachios at Rs 2,200 per kg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Good news! Dimpy Ganguly welcomes baby Reanna with blizzards of kisses and hugs - See pic
- Harmanpreet Kaur Bhullar becomes first India Women's cricketer to be signed by overseas T20 team
- Indian politicians funded Hillary Clinton for Indo-US civil nuclear deal: Donald Trump
- In two years Tripura-Assam border with Bangladesh to be totally sealed: Secretary BM
- PM Modi to launch Smart City projects in Pune today