Sheila meets mayors after war of words
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit today asked mayors of the newly set up civic bodies to focus on improving cleanliness, sanitation and maintenance of street lights in their respective areas while assuring all possible help from her government.
In a meeting with the mayors, Dikshit said the MCD was trifurcated to ensure efficiency in municipal administration and all the newly created civic bodies must strive hard to fulfil the aspirations of the people.
The Chief Minister asked the mayors to desist from indulging in blame game if they fail to deliver, saying such attitude will not be acceptable, a senior official said.
The mayors- all belonging to BJP- Meera Aggarwal of North Delhi municipality, Annpurna Mishra of East Delhi municipality and Savita Gupta of South Delhi Municipality paid a courtesy visit to Dikshit at Delhi Secretariat.
Deputy mayors of North Delhi municipality Azad Singh and Deputy Mayor of East Delhi Municipality Usha Shastri were also present.
City BJP chief Vijender Gupta and the mayors have been attacking the city government for not heeding to their demand of providing any bailout package to the civic bodies.
In turn, Delhi ministers had asked them to focus on better tax collection and financial management to improve their revenue position rather than blaming the state government for all the difficulties.
The mayors apprised Dikshit about certain teething problems like lack of adequate administrative staff and scarcity of funds to which the Chief Minister assured them that all assistance from Delhi Government.
Officials said Dikshit specifically asked the mayors to concentrate on basic responsibilities of the civic agencies to ensure proper sanitation, cleanliness, maintenance of roads and street lighting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!