Sheila meets Nath on regularisation of colonies
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit on Friday met Union Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath
and requested him to adopt a "flexible" approach in
regularising around 1,600 unauthorised colonies which were
given provisional regularisation certificates in 2008.
With municipal polls due in early next year, the
government is stepping up efforts to regularise the colonies
where around 40 lakh residents are living.
"Issues relating to regularisation of unauthorised
colonies figured in the meeting," sources said.
Various hurdles like finalising the boundary map, layout
plans have come up in regularisation of the colonies.
Regularisation of unauthorised colonies is expected to
become an election issue during MCD polls as BJP has been
attacking the city government accusing it of failing to keep
its promise of regularising the unauthorised colonies.
The city government had distributed provisional
regularisation certificates to 1,639 colonies ahead of
assembly polls in 2008 and promised to regularise them at the
Sources said Dikshit has requested Nath to allow sale and
purchase properties in colonies which came up on private land.
A Group of Ministers (GoM), constituted by Delhi
government to suggest development measures in unauthorised
colonies, had on Wednesday also recommended allowing sale and
purchase of properties in colonies which came up on private
The three-member GoM, headed by PWD Minister Raj Kumar
Chauhan, also decided to recommend allowing construction
activities in unauthorised colonies provided they had prior
approval of concerned agencies.
Officials said Nath assured Dikshit that his Ministry
will adopt a favourable approach towards her demands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared