Sheila meets Sonia over Delhi polls preparations
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Wednesday called on Congress president Sonia Gandhi and is believed to have apprised her about the party`s preparation for the upcoming assembly polls. The meeting lasted for around 35 minutes.
Dikshit is poised to seek an unprecedented fourth term as Delhi`s Chief Minister when assembly polls are held in November.
She has already asked partymen to start preparations for the election. There has been speculation in the party circle that DPCC president J P Aggarwal may be replaced soon.
Sources said Dikshit discussed issues relating to party with Gandhi.
The meeting came two days after Dikshit landed in a controversy for her comments that a man had offered her money to get a ticket for assembly polls. Opposition BJP has slammed her for not taking action against the person and termed the incident as reflection of "Congress culture".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter