Sheila meets Sonia over Delhi polls preparations
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Wednesday called on Congress president Sonia Gandhi and is believed to have apprised her about the party`s preparation for the upcoming assembly polls. The meeting lasted for around 35 minutes.
Dikshit is poised to seek an unprecedented fourth term as Delhi`s Chief Minister when assembly polls are held in November.
She has already asked partymen to start preparations for the election. There has been speculation in the party circle that DPCC president J P Aggarwal may be replaced soon.
Sources said Dikshit discussed issues relating to party with Gandhi.
The meeting came two days after Dikshit landed in a controversy for her comments that a man had offered her money to get a ticket for assembly polls. Opposition BJP has slammed her for not taking action against the person and termed the incident as reflection of "Congress culture".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed