Sheila misleading people on managing public utility: BJP
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Saturday accused Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit of misleading and making fun of the common man and asked her to focus on proper management of public utility services like water instead of shifting the blame on others.
Terming Dikshit`s remark as "insensitive" that no one should complain about water in Delhi as no one has died of thirst here, the party demanded an apology from her.
"In wake of recent deaths due to consumption of contaminated water at the NCERT colony, such an insensitive statement is shocking and shows the Congress government`s apathy towards problems of common people," said Delhi BJP Chief Vijay Goel.
"The CM is misleading common people by trying to shift the blame of poor water supply on the failure of other states to provide water.
The fact is, 40 per cent of water is wasted due to poor management in the city, he alleged. "We only need to plug this leakage and there would be sufficient water for Delhi," he said.
The state BJP Chief said that despite the CM herself heading Delhi Jal Board (DJB) the government has failed to provide water in the last 15 years of Congress rule to the city.
"The water tariff has shot up by 1,000 per cent during the last 15 years, the water supply to common households has been reduced and the quality of water has also gone down and no one is held accountable for it by the government," Goel said.
The state BJP chief said there were least 80 to 100 spots
where sewage water was seeping into drinking water supply pipes.
"But nothing has been done. As head of DJB, Sheila Dikshit is directly responsible for such incidents. But instead of fixing accountability, here is a CM who is humiliating people by saying no one has died of thirst in Delhi. So, no one should protest," he said.
Goel said the CM has admitted in a DJB function recently that 40 per cent of the city does not have sewage system.
"We would like to ask who is to be blamed for this? Laying sewage system is the task of DJB and it has not done it. So, the CM needs to answer where has all the money gone which was allocated to DJB? What has it done in the last 15 years if almost half of the city"? Goel said, charging the way CM has been treating issues related to the common people such as power, water, sewage, transport and education with "great disdain is appalling".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why