Shiela Dikshit denies criticising PM
New Delhi: In the eye of a storm over her remarks that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s reaction on the gang-rape incident came a "week too late", Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit on Monday denied making such a statement.
"The Chief Minister has talked to AICC general secretary Janardan Dwivedi and has told him that she has not said any such thing. What has been reported is wrong", party spokesman Rashid Alvi quoted Dikshit as having told Dwivedi.
Alvi`s remarks came at the party briefing when asked for his reaction about Dikshit`s controversial statement suggesting that the Prime Minister`s address to the nation on the Delhi gang-rape incident came late.
"May be it was one week too late. He should have perhaps done it earlier," Dikshit had told a television interviewer when she was put a question on whether Singh`s television address on the gang-rape incident came late.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India