Shinde cuts short Maharashtra visit; returning to Delhi
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, who is currently in Maharashtra on Saturday cut short his visit and was returning to the national capital in the wake of the passing away of the Delhi gang-rape victim.
Shinde, who was expected to attend a public function at Solapur along with President Pranab Mukherjee, cancelled all his engagements there and decided to return, official sources said.
The 23-year-old girl died at a hospital in Singapore early this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees