Shinde cuts short Maharashtra visit; returning to Delhi
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, who is currently in Maharashtra on Saturday cut short his visit and was returning to the national capital in the wake of the passing away of the Delhi gang-rape victim.
Shinde, who was expected to attend a public function at Solapur along with President Pranab Mukherjee, cancelled all his engagements there and decided to return, official sources said.
The 23-year-old girl died at a hospital in Singapore early this morning.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement