Shinde cuts short Maharashtra visit; returning to Delhi
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, who is currently in Maharashtra on Saturday cut short his visit and was returning to the national capital in the wake of the passing away of the Delhi gang-rape victim.
Shinde, who was expected to attend a public function at Solapur along with President Pranab Mukherjee, cancelled all his engagements there and decided to return, official sources said.
The 23-year-old girl died at a hospital in Singapore early this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kedar Jadhav, Shreyas Iyer power India A to easy six-wicket win
- Talks on Kashmir issue needed, want peace restored in Valley: Pak High Commissioner Abdul Basit
- Gold rebounds on jewellers' buying, silver jumps Rs 280/kg
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni advances to main draw
- Subramaian Swamy targets GST Network again; will write to Amit Shah, BJP CMs