Shinde cuts short Maharashtra visit; returning to Delhi
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, who is currently in Maharashtra on Saturday cut short his visit and was returning to the national capital in the wake of the passing away of the Delhi gang-rape victim.
Shinde, who was expected to attend a public function at Solapur along with President Pranab Mukherjee, cancelled all his engagements there and decided to return, official sources said.
The 23-year-old girl died at a hospital in Singapore early this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'