Shiv Sena ex-leader attacked in Delhi over parking
New Delhi: A former Shiv Sena leader has complained that he was attacked by four people, including a woman, here following an argument over parking, said police Sunday.
Dhruva Pathak, 46, a resident of Vishnu Garden in west Delhi, was thrashed by autorickshaw driver Mohan and three others around 10.45 p.m. Saturday in west Delhi`s Rajouri Garden area, police said, quoting from the victim`s complaint.
Mohan lived close to Pathak`s office in Rajouri Garden and objected to the latter parking his vehicle on road in an inappropriate manner, police said.
Pathak, who claims to have worked with the Shiv Sena for 22 years, told IANS that he was attacked by Mohan, his wife, his son Rinku and one of his associates.
He claimed Mohan allegedly started using abusive language when he saw his car parked on road.
"When I told him not to use abusive language, he along with the others attacked me. The accused also damaged my car," said Pathak.
The victim was treated for head, leg and hand injuries at a hospital, said a police officer.
"We are verifying the facts that led to the incident. No one has been arrested," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security