Shocker! 15-month-old girl raped in Delhi, two held
New Delhi: A 15-month-old girl was allegedly raped by two people inside an army servant quarter here, police said Saturday, adding two people have been detained.
The incident occurred between 4.15 pm and 5 pm Friday when the toddler was alone at her house in south Delhi`s Vasant Vihar area.
"The victim`s mother left home around 4.15 pm for some work and returned around 5 pm to find her daughter bleeding," said a police officer.
The woman resides with her husband, a sanitation employee, in an army servant quarter.
The victim was taken to a hospital where her condition is stated to be stable.
Two people, including a servant and the victim`s juvenile cousin, have been detained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption