Showcause notice to KMC staff association members
New Delhi: Delhi University on Thursday issued a showcause notice to members of the staff association of Kirorimal College, a day after they called for a mass casual leave for two days to protest the college Principal`s suspension.
The notice was sent to the college Acting Principal Dr SP Gupta who in turn forwarded it to Sudipto Ghosh and Rudrashish Chakraborty, the president and secretary of the KMC Staff Association.
It said the appeal to teachers to go on mass casual leave for the next two days is a "concerted action amounting to strike" that would disrupt teaching and other activities in the college.
Such a disruption, it said, would be in violation of the standing orders of the Delhi High Court.
"Teachers who proceed with the proposed action shall be treated to be on unauthorised absence constituting break in service and inviting other necessary action as per University rules," it warned.
The staff association had in a resoltuion yesterday decried the suspension of the college Principal Bhim Sen Singh and called a protest against the "illegal decision" taken by the Governing Body "at the behest of the University".
Singh was placed under suspension "with immediate effect pending conclusion of an inquiry into his actions" after he levelled corruption charges against the college Governing Body chairman, Baleshwar Rai, a retired IAS oficer.
The move to suspend the Principal angered the teaching community of the college with the staff association of the college alleging the move "smacks of a malafide intention on the part of the University authorities".
The staff association, in a resolution, said it suspected the action against the Principal was a consequence of his role in the anti-semester agitation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed